Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Aftermath of Surgery

It's been a while since I've posted but seeing as how I had surgery today and have a 2 week recovery ahead it's safe to say the posts will be plentiful. Oh by the way... I got my gallbladder out

Surgery was so much better than I thought! I was so nervous! I saw the nurse anesthetist (Lane) when I was working yesterday and asked him if he would read his scriptures and pray the night before so he would have the spirit with him for surgery! haha And you know what?! He did! He told me that he was reading about the gift to heal and the gift to be healed. He said "Rachael, you have the gift to be healed and everything is going to be perfectly fine." And of course thanks to the meds I got teary eyes. What a comforting thing to go "to sleep" to huh?? The next thing I remember I was in the recovery room waking up and squeezing Lane's hand in my right hand and my Surgeons hand in my left, both for dear life!! I was so out of it my heart rate was 30bpm, I was breathing only 8 times a minute... I'm a lightweight!! I kept asking them all if I had pooped the bed or tooted in their face! Then I had to know if they thought my belly was fat? Apparently I was concerned about that. I told my nurse that I liked her so much and kept asking everyone to be my friend. When I got back to Ben in my room I smiled and told him I didn't toot and I have so many friends!! Haha oh the things we do and say on drugs. Those drugs have a love/hate relationship though. I LOVE that they made me sleep and that I don't hurt that bad but HATE that I've thrown up so many times. Yuck, it's absolutely the worst!!
Here are a few pictures... Hope you enjoy!

These are the incisions with the bandaids off. The one on top looks like kind of gnarly! And yes, my stomach is still ridiculously bloated and swollen :( Oh six pack... where have you gone! Will you ever come back??


I'm not announcing I'm pregnant... They blow your stomach up with gas so they can see all the organs better. I just have 4 little incisions and they white tape under the bandaids stays on for 2 weeks.
These are all the presents people have brought me!! Thank you Jessica, Cort, Tecia, Chelse and Gena. You are all so thoughtful and such good friends I love it. (Not pictures...super sexy panties we give our patients at the hospital)

5 comments:

  1. Oh drugs! Ha I am so happy that you are feeling well enough to do a blog post but not so happy that you had to get surg and be out for 2 weeks! I set my surg day... Cinco de Mayo... yes May 5th... No mexi food for me that day! Booo hooo. Im so happy that you didn't toot in anyones face! Phew. Love you and miss you! Lets be friends again? Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you said on drugs. You make me smile. I hope you're feeling better but let me know if there's anything that I can do to make you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's so funny all the stuff you said! You are hilarious! :) Glad it was a good experience, as far as surgeries go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you are working on those friendship bracelets with all the time off you've had... ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Post surgery after 3 weeks , still the area around the incision is paining 😟

    ReplyDelete

Riding Shamu... living the dream

Riding Shamu... living the dream

HaLLowEeN!

HaLLowEeN!
These are our friends Kelsey and Caleb. We got to the party and saw that we matched. Ben is one handsome baby boy!