Friday, April 8, 2011

Dreaming of better times

Ok, I'll be honest. I did not think recovering from surgery would be that bad. I thought every day would be an improvement of the last and I would be good as new in no time! Wrong. I wake up after a restful night with Tylenol PM and am hopeful that today is the day. Today is the day I have no more gas pains, I can eat with out getting bloated, I won't feel like my belly button is stitching open when I turn the wrong way, you name it, I have a lot of things I am looking forward too. So far my diet consists of chicken broth, toast, Gatorade, grape juice, saltines, and of course water and Ibuprofen. Ben ordered pizza and even that wasn't too appealing. Every time I think of food my gut rumbles the gases and my mind is changed almost immediately. The one thing that has sounded continually delicious is Ramen Noodles but I refuse to stoop that low. So until then me and my liquids will have to be content to live together in harmony. I should be grateful after all because aren't there starving children in China??

3 comments:

  1. Oh Rach I hope you feel better soon! So glad I found your blog-check ours out at sarahandterry.blogspot.com miss you neighbor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, ramen noodles are eaten at least every couple weeks in our home. haha! but we're not as healthy as you! if you ever just need to break down, we've got half a case! :) maybe the second week of recovery will go better? hope so!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey i didn't even know you were having surgery!!!!! Do you need anything missy? Seriously don't lie and say no. I can make anything you want or need. Let me know. Even if you just want some company Im home all day! Get better!!!!!1

    ReplyDelete

Riding Shamu... living the dream

Riding Shamu... living the dream

HaLLowEeN!

HaLLowEeN!
These are our friends Kelsey and Caleb. We got to the party and saw that we matched. Ben is one handsome baby boy!