Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Oh lovely sunshine... Won't you come my way?

I'm getting the winter time blues, and a pretty bad case at that. We cracked and finally went tanning. I know I'll get cancer, and yes I know I should know better, and yes I'm ashamed yaddy yaddy ya. But I had to do it! I needed to feel warm rays on my skin fake or not! And now... all I have is a lobster red belly and still no sunshine.

I started getting hopeful because it seemed to be warming up. We had a lot of, dare I say, "nice" days where it wasn't snowing, the sun was out, and we only suffered 20mph winds. Let's be real... that's amazing for Rexburg. 20 below is bad enough without the wind searing through your many layers that were a measly attempt at warmth. Our apt is even cold. Don't get me wrong, we love where we live but I swear on my life they left out the insulation when they built it. Ben finally got tired of paying for heat that wasn't even working. As we sat wrapped in blankets with runny noses and frozen toes, Ben came up with his idea of the "warm room". We turned down the heat to 60 degrees except for in the computer room where we also have a small T.V. and lovesac. We close the door and crank it up to 70 degrees. Once we thawed it turned out to be quite delightful and warm. The only downside? Chili for dinner...

Now I know that being from Logan I should be used to cold winters but Rexburg can definitely hold it's own when it comes to lasting, miserable cold. So here we sit in our warm room praying for spring to show is forgotten face and knowing it most likely won't for several more months. Ben cannot graduate fast enough and get an internship in say... Florida?? How blissful it would be...

1 comment:

  1. Cute post, Rachael. I feel your pain (or rather icey cold). Maybe it's a good thing that "Milano" or "Claudia's kitchen" or whatever did not work out so well there. You guys would enjoy a warmer place to live. Until then, enjoy your warm room and we'll always have a warm spot here for you when you come to visit.

    ReplyDelete

Riding Shamu... living the dream

Riding Shamu... living the dream

HaLLowEeN!

HaLLowEeN!
These are our friends Kelsey and Caleb. We got to the party and saw that we matched. Ben is one handsome baby boy!