Thursday, March 3, 2011

Marathon Madness

So I have finally done it. I've worried, and stressed and debated and planned and pestered Ben until he just can't take it and made the decision... I am going for the full 26.2 sweaty, awesome miles of a marathon this summer in the great town of Ashton Idaho! Ever since my two half marathons and sprint triathlon last summer, I have caught the racing fever! The energy is unlike anything I've ever experienced and the sense of accomplishment is supreme goodness. At first I thought "there is no way I can run 13 miles, ever!" But I did it... TWICE! And this year I'm setting the record. Ben always asks me why in the world would I ever want to inflict so much pain upon myself WILLINGLY?? But that's the thing, to me, its not painful. Not one bit. It's relaxing, and therapeutic and something that's mine all mine. I love the mind numbing sensation that running brings. It's an escape and its so personal. I have time to think and there is no better time than early morning when all the world is quit and peaceful. Running a marathon has always been this foreign concept and seemed like such an out of reach dream. But folks... here it is, only 25 weeks away.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the marathon Rachael, and on posting on your blog again! Hope to be there cheering you on. In the meantime, enjoy the training.

    ReplyDelete

Riding Shamu... living the dream

Riding Shamu... living the dream

HaLLowEeN!

HaLLowEeN!
These are our friends Kelsey and Caleb. We got to the party and saw that we matched. Ben is one handsome baby boy!