Sunday, June 19, 2011

Where to begin...



It's been a while eh? Lots of going ons at the Vinton place of residence. Ben just got back from Denver where he went with a school trip to scope out some possible internships. It wasn't as fruitful as we had hoped but Ben was able to meet Brother Bauke (sp?) Who used to work for Meryl and Lynch. He said he would be more than happy to get Ben and interview, all he had to do was say the word! He was very warm and receptive to Ben and we're very hopeful!

On Memorial Monday we went to Yellowstone with some friends of ours. We took the camera but the battery wasn't charged (sore subject) and got no pictures at all. We did get to see TONS of bison, old faithful, and that's about it through the blizzarding snow. We still enjoyed ourselves and are looking forward to going back when the weather looks more promising.

Last Saturday June 11th was my half marathon. Natalie (running partner and awesome friend) and I placed 6th and 7th for our age group and finished with a whopping time of 1:51:48 Not as fast as I was hoping for but pretty darn good considering the amount of ENDLESS hills we had to endure. And yes... We have pictures!! Mom, Ethan, and Matt came up to cheer me on and poor little Ethan ended up in the hospital here in Rexburg on Saturday night with acute apendicitis. He was so brave and such a trooper though! Surgery is a big scary word to such a little guy but I was so grateful that I was there to help the whole process be a little smoother. Plus I got to show my family where I work and they got to meet a lot of friends I work with. Happily he has made a full recovery.


This was mile 10 or 11 I think? I don't feel that happy inside, but the run was really beautiful and the weather was perfect.

It always feels good to pass people, we got a surge of adrenaline! Plus pink shirt chick and her friend kept running and stopping and they were driving me crazy!

Almost to the finish line! Yahoo!

Natalie and I after the race.

Sweet Benny and Mojo after we had crossed the finish line. I love my boys!
I refinished our dresser and a few other D.I. treasures...that I DO have pictures for! And now I absolutely LOVE them. Thanks Rachelle for your help!

This shelf was for $10 at D.I. but I talked them down to 8 because the knobs were missing!

After... Painted red and and distressed and stained.

Our dresser before was green with brown shelves. Long story...
After... We painted it cream with a brown top, antiqued and distressed it and stained it cherry wood. We LOVE it!

This bad boy was $25 af D.I. also a hideous green

Sorry I don't have a better picture. We painted and stained it the same as the dresser. It looks great!


That's about all that makes up the recent news. We'll keep you updated on more fun filled happenings as they come!

1 comment:

  1. finally an update!! you look FANTASTIC! great job on your half, that is hard work! sure love you and miss you SO much! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Riding Shamu... living the dream

Riding Shamu... living the dream

HaLLowEeN!

HaLLowEeN!
These are our friends Kelsey and Caleb. We got to the party and saw that we matched. Ben is one handsome baby boy!